Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MCN Designs Product Review


By: Melissa Ringsted:
I was lucky enough to be chosen to do a product review for Melissa, the owner of MCN Designs. I am not completely computer dumb, but on certain things I do have a difficult time. This is where someone as talented as Melissa comes in! First off, I contacted her about the product review. She was very quick in responding to me and asking me what she could do for me. I let her know I was looking for a new logo, created specifically for me, and also a welcome page for my business page. She asked me what I was looking for. Unfortunately for Melissa I am a very indecisive person. I gave her a vague idea of what I like and she returned, quickly, with a mock-up of a logo for me. I liked it, but didn't love it. So I asked her to add an owl. I ended up with a logo I am in LOVE with.
From there she created a welcome page for me. She worked off of the vague design I had tried, unsuccessfully, to create on my own. Of course, with as amazing as she was helping me do the logo I KNOW she could help you create an equally amazing Welcome page from scratch, if you don't already have one.

Melissa was patient, and more than willing to help me walk through all the little snags I ran across due to my lack of computer knowledge! Be sure to head on over to http://www.facebook.com/mcndesigns. Believe me when I tell you, you WILL NOT be disappointed in the customer service, product and pricing of this business. Remember, your logo is the first thing people will see! It speaks volumes about you and your company. You want something to attract people, aside from just your amazing product, and Melissa's job is to help you create that and walk with you thru the whole process, as she did me. As Melissa so nicely signs all her emails"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

A little background on Melissa:
Melissa is a 2005 graduate of SUNY Purchase College with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, concentrating in graphic design. She received the Seniors Recognition Award for Graphic Design at Purchase and was honored with the Leadership Award for her senior project by the Westchester Funds for Woman & Girls.

Her career began at DDR Public Relations in Thornwood, NY, as the Visual Communications Manager, specializing in designing promotional materials for clients and the firm, corporate identity, and the firm's web site. Melissa also takes photographs for clients of their special events or scheduled photo sessions for media uses, and for collateral designs and marketing materials.

Melissa has also worked for design studio, Design Monsters in Stamford, CT with focuses on logo identities, postcards, brochures, CD packaging and web for clients including John Mellencamp, Stamford Center for the Arts, Divabetic and Katreese Barnes (Saturday Night Live Music Director).

Currently Melissa is working as an in-house Graphic Designer for gourmet gift shop, Holbrook Cottage, in Briarcliff Manor, NY. She designs and creates the gift shop's weekly emails, postcards, newsletters and signage, as well as photographing merchandise.




No comments:

Post a Comment